Char Siu Pork Roast
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed.
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place pork and marinade in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
- Add broth to sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Shred pork with 2 forks; serve with sauce.
Time for Cooking: 30 minutes.
(Amount per serving)
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 561mg
- Calcium: 30mg
Mexican Bow-tie Pasta with Chicken
- 1 pound uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in flour; slowly pour in milk and broth, stirring constantly. Add salsa and cream cheese and stir until sauce is hot and bubbling and cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- 3. Add drained pasta to skillet; stir until pasta is coated with sauce and everything is well combined. Serve immediately.
Time for Cooking: 25 Minutes.